How to change PIN1, PIN2 and PUK codes using ID-card utility?
Procedure for changing the PIN1, PIN2 and PUK code is essentially the same: you need to enter the existing code once and the new code twice.
Permitted code lengths are different: PIN1 code must be within 4–12 digits and PIN2 code must be within 5–12 digits and PUK must be within 8 – 12 digits.
The new code must be different from the old code, only include numbers and must not partially or fully match your personal code.
You can change PIN1 and PIN2 codes in the Certificates section of ID-card utility.
Click on the Change PIN1 or Change PIN2 button.
You must select the button PUK code in order to change the PUK code.
Enter the existing code once and the new code twice.
If the code has been changed successfully, the relevant message will be displayed.
You can also change PIN codes if you have forgotten your old PIN codes. In this case, you can use PUK code to change PIN codes.
1. Launch ID-card utility and go to the Certificates section.
2. Click on the Change PIN1 or Change PIN2 button.
3. In the PIN code change window that will open, select Change PIN code using PUK code.
4. A window for changing the PIN code will open.
5. Enter your valid PUK code.
6. Enter the new PIN code twice
7. The PIN code will be changed and you will see a confirmation of the code change.