The error message "No readers found" is displayed in the ID card utility if the card reader isn’t connected to the computer or if you remove the card reader while the ID-card utility is in operation.
The message will disappear after you connect the card reader to the computer.
If the card reader is connected to the computer and you still see the error message ‘No readers found’, it can be caused by one of the following reasons:
- Card reader and its drivers installation has failed.
- The ID card driver is not installed.
If you didn't manage to make your ID card work by installing missing drivers, export the diagnostics report from your ID card utility and send the report along with the description of the problem to the e-mail address abi at id dot ee .
To generate the diagnostics report, click on the Diagnostics button at the top menu bar in the ID card utility.
- Save the diagnostics file by clicking on the Save button.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the file.
- The diagnostics report is saved in the .txt format.