When you sign digitally, the programme will first create an empty container where you can add the documents you wish to sign (a Word or Excel document, for example). Then you click sign and enter your ID-card’s PIN2 code used for signing. The programme will automatically obtain a validity confirmation to the signature from SK’s server and add a digital signature to the container.
You can send signed containers to other persons who can, in turn, sign or open them and check the validity of signatures.
Basic steps for signing
1. Launch DigiDoc3 Client.
2. Select I want to Sign documents in the DigiDoc3 Client user interface.
If you are signing in DigiDoc3 Client for the first time or have not specified in settings that the warning should not be displayed, you will see a warning that notifies you of legal obligations associated with signing.
3. Select the documents that you want to sign in the add file window that opens.
4. A save file window will open next. Name the created container and select the folder where the container will be saved. You can also select the container’s file format here – either .bdoc or .ddoc.
If you have specified in settings that container name should not be asked for and no container of the same name exists in the destination folder then no saving window will appear. Instead, the container along with selected documents will immediately open.
5. A container will open and you will see the list of documents inside the container.
You can add or remove documents to/from the container before you sign.
6. Enter your details if you like: role, resolution and location.
If your data has been saved before, you can replace them.
7. Confirm your decision to sign with ID-card by clicking the Sign button.
8. Enter the requested PIN2 code.
9. In case of a successful signing you will see files inside the signed container and information about signatures.
10. You can perform various actions with documents inside the container and with the container itself, such as sending the document by email or viewing the confirmation sheet.
11. Close the container by clicking on the Close button.
12. The container will be saved to disk.
Important! You cannot change the content of a signed container but you can add and remove signatures.