Signing with Latvian ID-card and verification of signatures in DigiDoc3 client
NB! Currently it is not possible to sign documents with Latvian ID-card in DigiDoc3 client. Validating signatures given with Latvian ID-card does not work either (it is not possible to open such documents).
RIA is aware of the situation and trying to find a solution.
DigiDoc3 client can be used to verify signatures generated by Latvian ID-card in BDOC or ASiC-E format. DigiDoc3 client version 3.10 or newer will be required for that purpose. No additional configuration is necessary.
Additionally, Windows op. systems users can also digitally sign files in DigiDoc3 client using a Latvian ID-card. The following steps are required to get digital signing to work:
- download and install Latvian ID-software (middleware);
- download Estonian ID-software ver 3.12 or later from installer.id.ee;
- open DigiDoc3 client, click "Settings > General"
- tick option "I would like to sign with Lithuanian, Latvian, Finnish ID-card" restart DigiDoc3 client.
- Now DigiDoc3 client detects your card in reader and in order ton continue click "I want to: Sign documents" and follow the instructions displayed by DigiDoc3 client;
- you can only sign or add your signature to files in BDOC or ASiC-E format.