Errors „Insert Smart Card“ and „No Certificates Available“ upon authentication and digital signing, while DigiDoc3 client displays an error „No card found“
If the Estonian ID card driver (so-called Windows minidriver) has not been correctly installed, the following typical errors occur:
- When entering e-services, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome displays the error"Insert Smart Card" or "No Certificates Available" (see the screenshot)
- In case of Mozilla Firefox you will be able to enter an e-service, e.g. online bank, but when signing a payment order, you'll still get the same error messages.
- The ID card utility recognises the document in the card reader, but at the same time DigiDoc3 Client displays the error message "No card found" (see the screenshot)
The problem may be solved by plugging the card reader into another USB port.
If you use an embedded smart card reader or if plugging the card reader into another USB port does not help, complete the following steps:
- Open This PC / Computer
- The easiest way to do it is to use the keyboard shortcut WinKey + E
- Navigate to the catalogue where the Estonian ID card driver is installed (C:\Program Files\Open-EID)
- Right-click on the esteidcm.inf file (with the gear wheel icon) and select Install
Wait until the message about the successful installation is displayed. Insert your ID card to the smart card reader and run DigiDoc3 Client. Now the application should be able to read the information from the ID card. Once it has been done, you will be able to enter e-services.
If the proposed solution didn't work, contact the ID card helpline team at abi at id dot ee.