In operating systems Mac OS X 10.11.4 and later you may encounter a situation where the ID-card utility, DigiDoc3 Client and Crypto do not find your smartcard reader.
It's a known OSX issue that is described, for example, here:
The solution is to upgrade your operating system to version 10.11.6 or higher.
To upgrade your operating system, do the following:
- click on the Apple icon at the upper left corner and select 'About this Mac';
- click on the 'Software Update' button and follow instructions displayed on the screen.
After upgrade restart your computer. Once it's done, check whether the ID card utility and/or DigiDoc3 Сlient/Сrypto find the smartcard reader plugged into your computer. The problem should now be solved!
If errors persist then try doing this:
- download this ccid smart card reader driver package;
- open dmg file and run ccid-installer by rightclicking on it and choose Open With > Installer and confirm it by clicking Open once again;
- follow the onscreen instructions given by the wizard and after successful installation please restart your computer again;
If upgrading the operating system or installing the driver package didn't help, please contact us at abi at id dot ee.