Mobile-ID is a handy method for electronic identification: your mobile phone is always with you so you don’t have to depend on ID-card readers and computers with necessary software.
Besides, mobile-ID gives you additional sense of security:
- should anything happen to your ID-card or you cannot use it temporarily, mobile-ID provides access to all important e-services
- mobile-ID can be used across devices: you can access your Internet bank from your smart phone, tablet or PC
- you don’t need a card reader or computer with special software to use mobile-ID services
- There are several options for signing with mobile-ID:
- RIA DigiDoc app on your mobile phone
- DigiDoc4 Client on your computer
Mobile-ID SIM cards are issued by mobile operators Telia, Elisa and Tele2 at their service points. Each operator has their own rules about issuing mobile-IDs, such as age limits, service fees, user terms and conditions, etc.
However, all mobile operators must follow the same national requirements, so mobile-ID is a safe solution and works the same way irrespective of which operator you are using.
For more information and to enter into a mobile-ID contract, contact your mobile operator.
- Telia mobile-ID service introduction and information
- Elisa mobile-ID service introduction and information
- Tele2 mobile-ID service introduction and information
In order to use mobile-ID, a special SIM card with mobile-ID support will be issued to you after entering into the contract. Upon activating the new SIM card, the old card will stop working – we recommend saving the data on the old SIM card before replacing the SIM card or ask the mobile operator at the service point to copy the data from the old SIM card to the new SIM card.
Important to know:
Joining mobile-ID does not mean that you have to change your mobile number: the new SIM card will continue working with your old phone number.
Joining mobile-ID does not invalidate other mobile network services ordered by you. If necessary, talk about changing services with your mobile operator.
NB! If your mobile number changes ownership (you change the contract and make another family member its owner or wish to add a private person’s number to your company package), mobile-ID will lose its validity.
Mobile-ID service is supported by almost all devices (including older phones), but there are differences. More information about the phone model and how Mobile-ID works is available from the operators (Telia, Elisa, Tele2).