In general, Internet Explorer (and its default settings) should be ready for using the ID-card as soon as you have installed the ID-software on your computer. If necessary, you can also manually change the Internet Explorer settings – it’s easy; just follow our step-by-step instructions or watch the video tutorial!
In order to use your ID-card in Internet Explorer, you need:
- The newest ID-software, which you can download from id.ee.
- The software required for the Internet Explorer browser, which is installed on your computer with automatic Windows updates: if you have enabled automatic updates, you don’t have to install anything yourself!
However, if you still run into problems when logging in to e-services or signing with your ID-card via Internet Explorer, you should check the settings of your web browser.
Step 1: Open settings.
In order to do this, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Internet Explorer window. Select Manage add-ons.
Step 2: Open Toolbars and Extensions.
Find Toolbars and Extensions in the left menu of the window that opened and select IE Token Signing plugin on the right.
Step 3: Make sure that the plugin is enabled.
Check that the IE Token Signing plugin is enabled or allowed. If you see that the status is disabled or not allowed, change it by clicking on Enable.
Step 4: Check that your ID-card is now working
Check whether Internet Explorer now allows you to log in to e-services, such as an online bank, and perform/sign/confirm transactions and operations with your ID-card.
If you still have problems when using your ID-card, but DigiDoc4 reads the data of your ID-card correctly, reset Internet Explorer to the default settings and restart the computer.
Resetting the Internet Explorer web browser to the default settings:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper left corner and select Internet options.
- Click on Advanced in the window that opened.
- Click on Restore advanced settings.
- Then click on Reset.
- Click on OK to close the window.