Did you know that DigiDoc4 allows you to verify digital signatures issued with the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card as well?
The DigiDoc4 Client makes it possible to verify signatures issued with the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card if they are:
- in the EDOC or ASiC-E format in Latvia
- BDOC or ASiC-E format in Lithuania.
Your DigiDoc4 does not need to be configured additionally – the verification of the digital signatures takes place exactly as for all other documents.
In computers running on Windows, DigiDoc4 can be used for digital signing with Latvian and Lithuanian ID-cards.
Step 1: install software
You will first need to download and install the country-specific software on your computer:
If you do not yet have the DigiDoc4 Client installed, download and install the ID-software.
Step 2: signing documents
Check to make sure that DigiDoc4 reads the ID-card data correctly and you’re ready for signing!
Good to know:
- You can only sign ASiC-E format documents (meaning that if you are the first to sign the document, the document is saved with the .asice extension).
- Use of the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card in DigiDoc4 works the same way as with the use of the Estonian ID-card. If necessary, read the instructions for digital signing with DigiDoc4.
- Note: To sign with a Lithuanian ID card in the MacOS DigiDoc4 (DD4) client, you need to run from the command line after installing DD4:
ln ~/.mcard/mcard_history.txt ~/Library/Containers/ee.ria.qdigidoc4/Data/.mcard
- Note: The Lithuanian ID-card does not have a PIN2 code: enter the ID-card’s PIN1 code when prompted for the PIN2 code.