Did you know that DigiDoc4 allows you to verify digital signatures issued with the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card as well?
Verifying Latvian and Lithuanian digital signatures
The DigiDoc4 Client makes it possible to verify signatures issued with the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card if they are:
- in the EDOC or ASiC-E format in Latvia
- BDOC or ASiC-E format in Lithuania.
Your DigiDoc4 does not need to be configured additionally – the verification of the digital signatures takes place exactly as for all other documents.
Digital signing with Latvian and Lithuanian ID-cards in the DigiDoc4 Client
In computers running on Windows, DigiDoc4 can be used for digital signing with Latvian and Lithuanian ID-cards.
Step 1: install software
You will first need to download and install the country-specific software on your computer:
If you do not yet have the DigiDoc4 Client installed, download and install the ID-software.
Step 2: signing documents
Check to make sure that DigiDoc4 reads the ID-card data correctly and you’re ready for signing!
Good to know:
- You can only sign ASiC-E format documents (meaning that if you are the first to sign the document, the document is saved with the .asice extension).
- Use of the Latvian and Lithuanian ID-card in DigiDoc4 works the same way as with the use of the Estonian ID-card. If necessary, read the instructions for digital signing with DigiDoc4.
- Note: The Lithuanian ID-card does not have a PIN2 code: enter the ID-card’s PIN1 code when prompted for the PIN2 code.