Were you installing ID-software on a Windows computer when the “ID Updater package required” error message appeared on screen? The reason is most likely an error in the ID-software. To resolve this situation, try to do the following:
1. Download and install the required ID-updater:
You’ll find it on our software updating page, but you can download the latest version here: https://installer.id.ee/media/win/installer/ID-Updater-18.104.22.1686.x86.msi
2. Try reinstalling the ID-software
Be sure to do this using the links on the page ID-software update so you can be sure that you are offered the correct and most up-to-date software version for your PC operating system.
3. Test with another ID-updater version
If an error message occurs even after you have completed the previous two steps, it may be because of the 64 bit software on your computer. Try installing ID-updater via this link: https://installer.id.ee/media/win/installer/ID-Updater-22.214.171.1246.x64.msi
Then reinstall the ID-software.
This should resolve the situation – if not, contact the ID-helpline.
In order to be able to help you promptly and with specific instructions, we require extra information on your computer and devices. Contact us via the Notify us of the problem web form: this helps you specify the problem encountered and enables you to attach all necessary files to the problem description.
Locating the necessary files from your (Windows) computer is simple:
- Open the Start menu, type in ‘Run’ and press ‘Enter’.
- A search field will be displayed on the screen – type in ‘%temp%’ and press ‘Enter’.
- You will now see a structure tree on your screen. Type in ‘eID’ in the search field in the upper right corner of the screen and locate all log files entitled ‘eID_software*’ as at today’s date or as at the day when the software installation failed).
Save all these files (e.g. from the right-click menu) in a folder on your computer – or even directly on your desktop.
The list of files looks like this:
After this, contact us via the Notify us of the problem web form – provide a brief description of your problem and remember to add all of the saved files to the form.