Is the error message ‘The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer’ displayed when starting the DigiDoc4 Client?
This happens because your computer’s operating system is dated and the necessary security updates are missing from it. The same error is also displayed when the operating system used on your computer is not legal and/or checking for updates has been disabled.
The situation resolves itself once all updates offered by Windows, including optional ones, are installed. In order to do so, open the Windows Internet Explorer menu ‘Tools’ and click on ‘Windows Update’ If Windows Update has not been installed on to your computer, click on Microsoft Update:
- The website Try Microsoft Update today is opened for you. Click on the Start Now button/link. Familiarise yourself with the terms of service and if everything is suitable for you, click Continue and then Continue.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, you are asked whether you wish to install Microsoft Update – click Install.
- If the installation is successful, the Welcome to Microsoft Update webpage is automatically opened for you and you are ready to check for updates!
- If you have Microsoft Update installed (or it had been installed onto your computer in the past), open the Welcome to Microsoft Update webpage and click on the option Check for Updates.
- On the Keep your computer up to date page, give permission for quick installation of high-priority updates (click Express).
- You will be redirected to the Review and Install Updates page: to install updates, click Install Updates and follow the instructions provided on screen.
- After installation of critical updates, it is recommended to install all other updates offered by Windows. In order to do so, open the Keep your computer up to date page and from there click Custom, and a list of all offered updates will open.
NB! After you have updated the Windows operating system on your computer, it would be worthwhile to update your ID-software!