Where can I use ID-card as a travelling document?

Since 1. May 2004, when Estonia became a member of the European Union, ID-card as a primary identification document in Estonian Republic is also an acceptable identification document inside European Union.

The latest travel information is always available on the ReisiTargalt website.

For travelling outside of the EU, then Estonian citizens need a valid traveling document – passport.

Digital ID is a digital identity document and it is not possible to use it for travel.

Residence permit card is a compulsory internal identity document issued to an alien staying/residing in Estonia on the basis of a residence permit or right of residence. By means of residence permit card it is not possible to travel.

Read more at Police and Border Guard Board website.