The ID-software consists of several components that are quick and easy to install.
If you are about to install ID-software independently for the first time, or if you are about to start using the ID-card electronically, we recommend that you read the article “What to do if I would like to start using my ID-card” featuring more detailed instructions.
Open App Store on your computer (you will find it via Launchpad; the necessary icon – a blue circular icon with a white A in the middle – is usually on the computer’s start bar) and enter ‘DigiDoc4’ in the search or use this direct link:Web browser components for authentication and digital signingID-software version: 21.02, published 25.02.2021
macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)DigiDoc4
macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)
Download and install it on your computer following the instructions on the screen – this may take a few minutes.
If you have installed DigiDoc4 on your masOS computer, but not the web components, you will see the following error message upon launching DigiDoc4:
You can choose between three buttons in order to continue:
- ‘Not now’ – the software will not be installed at the moment, but you will see the same message the next time you open DigiDoc4.
- ‘Never’ – choose this option if you only use mobile-ID and are not planning on using your ID-card or digital ID card on your computer. This error message will no longer be displayed upon launching DigiDoc4.
- ‘Install’ – this button will direct you to the ID-software installation page where you can install the necessary web components.
Removal of the ID-software
- To uninstall the ID-card software do the following:
- download ID-software
- Open the downloaded file, open Terminal
- drag-and-drop uninstall.sh to Terminal window
- Press Enter and Y
- enter your password
The ID-software and all related files have been successfully removed from your computer.