The ID-software consists of several components that are quick and easy to install.
If you are about to install ID-software independently for the first time, or if you are about to start using the ID-card electronically, we recommend that you read the article “What to do if I would like to start using my ID-card” featuring more detailed instructions.
Open App Store on your computer (you will find it via Launchpad; the necessary icon – a blue circular icon with a white A in the middle – is usually on the computer’s start bar) and enter ‘DigiDoc4’ in the search or use this direct link:Web browser components for authentication and digital signingVersion: 21.06, published 13.07.2021
macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)DigiDoc4DigiDoc4 client version: 18.104.22.168, published 13.07.2021
macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Big Sur (11)
Download and install it on your computer following the instructions on the screen – this may take a few minutes.
If you have installed DigiDoc4 on your masOS computer, but not the web components, you will see the following error message upon launching DigiDoc4:
You can choose between three buttons in order to continue:
- ‘Remind later’ – the software will not be installed at the moment, but you will see the same message the next time you open DigiDoc4.
- ‘Ignore forever’ – choose this option if you only use mobile-ID and are not planning on using your ID-card or digital ID card on your computer. This error message will no longer be displayed upon launching DigiDoc4.
- ‘Install’ – this button will direct you to the ID-software installation page where you can install the necessary web components.
Removal of the ID-software
- To uninstall the ID-card software do the following:
- download ID-software
- Open the downloaded file, open Terminal
- drag-and-drop uninstall.sh to Terminal window
- Press Enter and Y
- enter your password
The ID-software and all related files have been successfully removed from your computer.