No software is perfect: technical possibilities and necessities change over time. With every new DigiDoc4 software version, we attempt to resolve as many known defects as possible; however, the priority is always to ensure the safety of the user and their data as well as the stability of the software.
If you are interested, you can read more about changes in the earlier versions of DigiDoc4.
Below are some known shortcomings in the latest version of Open-EID software at 20.05 Windows, macOS and Linux:
- The Office 365 Online Protection malware filter blocks .bdoc files as malware. (IB-4534)
- Ubuntu 16.04 cannot add files from a network drive to the container using drag’n’drop method. (IB-5075)
- Due to a QT library error, the DigiDoc4 client will stop working if the computer has a video card that is outlined in this article. As a workaround, remove the eID software from your computer and then install the 32bit version here.
- DigiDoc4 does not use system proxy settings under Ubuntu 18.04. (IB-5533)
- In Linux, the DigiDoc4 client does not recognize the new Finnish ID card. (IB-5832)
- If Ubuntu has three DigiDoc4 windows open, it will ask for the PIN and display an error message in the wrong window. (IB-5808)
- In DigiDoc4 client, signing with Finnish eID displays “”Please check your computer time” even when computer time/time zone is correct. (IB-6281)
- The TeRa app will display “valid and usable” for the Windows Authentication Certificate for three consecutive incorrect PIN1s. (TERA-215)
- TeRa application does not work with PinPad card reader on macOS and Linux operating systems. (TERA-262)
- If the user selects only BDOC 1.0 files from the TeRA application settings for stamping, a message will be displayed stating that DDOC files are being searched even though BDOC 1.0 files are being stamped. (TERA-266)
- ID cards issued or updated as of October 2017, work on the following web browsers on macOS: macOS 10.13 and 10.14 Safari, Chrome and Firefox, Mac OS X 10.11 is only supported for Firefox.
- For Firefox authentication, the browser must be restarted after the end or interruption of the session. Applies to Windows, MacOS and Linux. (IB-5879)
- Safaris autentimisel Cancel nupule vajutades ei kuvata DigiDoc4 kliendis lugejas oleva kaardi andmeid. Aitab kaardilugeja eemaldamine. (IB-5726)
- The data of the card isn’t displayed, when pressing “Cancel” button during Safari authentication. Resolving the issue requires to remove the smart card reader. (IB-5726)
- Ubuntu authentication fails if smart card is removed from reader in middle of process. Resolving issues requires to restart the web browser(IB-6085).
- When opening the signature details, the screen reader reads the text several times. (IB-5948)
- JAWS screen reader reads the mouse and keyboard user behaviour, when attaching a file. (IB-6073)
- The Firefox web browser does not display an error message on the computer screen when entering the wrong code when using the PinPad card reader. The error message is displayed (briefly) on the pinpad reader screen. (Firefox bug report)
- The PinPad Reader screen will say “Enter PIN” instead of “Enter PUK”. (IB-5815)