No software is perfect: technical possibilities and necessities change over time. With every new ID-software version, we attempt to resolve as many known defects as possible; however, the priority is always to ensure the safety of the user and their data as well as the stability of the software.
If you are interested, you can read more about changes in the earlier versions of ID-software.
Below are some known shortcomings in the latest version of ID-software at 23.7 Windows/Linux and macOS:
- DigiDoc4 does not use system proxy settings under Ubuntu and macOS. (IB-5533)
- If Ubuntu has three DigiDoc4 windows open, it will ask for the PIN and display an error message in the wrong window. (IB-5808)
- In DigiDoc4 Client, signing with Finnish ID cards issued before 13.03.2023, the message "Please check your computer time" is displayed, even if the computer time/time zone is correct. (IB-6281)
- The opening of a large DDOC file fails. (IB-6868)
- The cryptographic destination search in the LDAP directory fails if a Proxy server is used. (IB-7077)
- Some Ubuntu 22.04 and 22.10 users fail to use ID card on the DigiDoc4 client and Web eID due to an error in the pcscd service. Instructions for restarting the pcscd service can be found here.
RIA DigiDoc mobile application
- Android devices can't open files with a .DDOC or .CDOC extension through the Google Drive environment. (MOPPIOS-603)
- Some Android smart devices fail to sign with RIA DigiDoc app when using Knox antivirus. (MOPPAND-723)
- Some RIA DigiDoc users may experience mobile-ID signature failures when using the Russian language and need to change the application language. (MOPPAND-942)
- The data of the card isn't displayed, when pressing the "Cancel" button during Safari authentication. Resolving the issue requires to remove the smart card reader. (IB-5726)
- Ubuntu authentication fails if the smart card is removed from a reader in the middle of the process. Resolving issues requires to restart the web browser. (IB-6085)
- Ubuntu 21.10, Ubuntu 22.04 and 22.10 are installed by default as Firefox SNAP, in which the ID card cannot be used for online authentication and signing. Firefox requires a regular version of Firefox to be authenticated and signed with the ID card on the web. (Firefox bug report)
- Ubuntu 21.10 is installed by default as Firefox SNAP, in which the ID card cannot be used for online authentication and signing. Firefox requires a regular version of Firefox to be authenticated and signed with the ID card on the web. (Firefox bug report)
- The OpenSC PKCS11 Module will remain under Firefox security devices after the PKCS11 loader extension is removed. To remove a module, open Security Devices in Firefox Settings, make the OpenSC PKCS11 module active and click Remove.
- When opening the signature details, the screen reader reads the text several times. (IB-5948)
- JAWS screen reader reads the mouse and keyboard user behavior when attaching a file. (IB-6073)
- The Firefox web browser does not display an error message on the computer screen when entering the wrong code when using the PinPad card reader. The error message is displayed (briefly) on the pin pad reader screen. (Firefox bug report)
- The PinPad Reader screen will say "Enter PIN" instead of "Enter PUK". (IB-5815)