If Open-EID.exe installation ended prematurely with Fatal error (0x80070643) or Unspecified error (0x80072f19).
- Fatal error (koodiga 0x80070643)
- Unspecified error (koodiga 0x80072f19)
Then possible reason for this is op. system inability to overwrite registry entries of previous versions Open-EID software components.
To resolve this situation:
We recommend that you run the “remove_openeid.bat” script twice, as some ID software components may be in use. Run remove_openeid.bat and if the window closes on a dark background (cmd.exe), restart your computer and run the remove_openeid.bat script again.
- Download ZIP file extract its contents somewhere, for example Desktop (updated on 20 July 2022).
- Right-click on remove_openeid.bat and choose Run as administrator (Registry entries will be removed only for those accounts, who have administrator rights)
- Command Prompt Window will be opened. Wait till it closes itself.
- NB! If Windows 10/11 displays the message, “Windows protected your PC” click the “More info” button and then click the “Run anyway” button to continue.
- NB! If Windows 10/11 displays the message, “Do you want to allow this application to make changes to your device?”, Click “Yes.”
- Try to install Open-EID software again, should work.
This usually eliminates the problem. If not, contact our ID help.
- Open the Start menu, type in Run and press Enter or press the Windows key (WinKey) + R on the keyboard.
- A search field will be displayed on the screen – type in %temp% and press Enter.
- Type eID in the search box of the window and find all log files called “eID_software” from the day the software installation failed and save them, for example to the desktop.
- Send log files to ID helpline at www.id.ee (the Contact ID-helpline section in the lower right corner).