Chip cards may behave differently depending on the operating system on a given computer. The following lists the basic requirements of each operating system and tested card readers.
The card readers below have been tested on the operating systems supported by the software.
- Omnikey Cardman 1021 (USB)
- Omnikey Cardman 3021 (USB)
- Pluss ID v3 (USB)
- SCM SCR 3310 (USB)
- Gemalto CT30 (USB)
- ACS ACR 38 (USB)
- DellBroadcom internal card reader (WUDF driver)
- Lenovo internal card reader Alcor Micro (manufacturer driver)
- Gemalto Ezio CT710 (PinPad keypad, USB)
- Omnikey Cardman 3821 (PinPad keypad, USB)
- Akasa (USB) (manufacturer driver)
- HP KUS0133 keyboard with card reader
- Windows 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit
- macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11
- Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS) 64-bit, 20.04 (LTS) 64-bit, 20.10 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
The name and model of the card reader are generally visible on the label affixed to the reader (usually on the back). The product ID can be found in DigiDoc4 diagnostics.
- On Windows, the card reader generally works with all drivers (manufacturer, Microsoft universal drivers).
- In the case of Linux and macOS, the default installed driver (USB CCID) was tested.
- If the standby and hibernate functions were used with the ID card still in the reader and any ID-software component open, there may be problems accessing the data on the card.
Usually, it is enough to remove and re-insert the card into the reader. In some cases, the ID-software component (such as DigiDoc4) will have to be re-launched and the computer restarted.
- For PinPad readers, there may be problems with Windows terminal solutions. Terminal systems are not an environment that is officially supported by ID-software.
- There may be a need to limit PinPad mode (on HP and Dell keypad card readers). To do this, a key must be added to the Windows registry. The values of the key can be found on the GitHub website.
- Some unsupported card readers may cause the ID-card to lock itself for self-defence.
NOTE: If you have knowledge of anything that is different from what is posted here, kindly share it with us.